Friday, April 11, 2008

Back into it

So at the beginning of the year I decided that I was going to start creating again. It had been like 8 years since I got out of school and had really done nothing with my art. So I got off the stick and finally started painting and stitching again. I took an art business class to learn more about the ins and outs of actually making a living as an artist (which would be great right?) and just to meet some fellow artists in the area. I learned so much from that class and also learned about places to take my work and shows to enter. I had my first deadline. So I entered a piece into the Visual Art Exchange show and my piece was accepted. I really couldn't believe it. I mean this was the first piece I have completed in years and they actually liked it. I then get a call from the gallery and the painting also got an honorable mention! I was on cloud nine. I went to the opening and it was a wonderful feeling to be among other artists and have my work showing in an actual "real" gallery. This show has given me the confidence I need to continue and feel that my work will be accepted and maybe someone will actually buy something one day. So, I am feeling good about my work and myself. Hopefully, this new journey with my art will be a great one.

No comments: