Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm a winner!

I am one of those people who never seem to win anything. I buy lottery scratchers and never win. I play slots in Vegas and rarely walk away with more money than I put in the machine. It seems my luck has changed! I am super excited! I won the recycled cross stitch piece that was being given away by MrXstitch on his blog and all I had to was leave a comment. His blog is great and showcases extremely talented needlework artists--so go check it out! It has given me inspiration for my own work. It's tough being an artist that uses non-traditional mediums so it's great to see other artists out there doing it.

What else has been going on:
*It's raining today.
*I'm still preparing my application to the Exchange Gallery for a show in the next year. I'm going to my mom's house this weekend to get photos of my work that is being stored at her house.
*I saw Watchmen and it was amazing. I was really impressed with how it all turned out.
*I'm working on an Easter embroidery and need to get started on something for Colby's birthday. I actually have two things I want to make for him.
*Need to paint!
*Hope to go out to 2nd Friday Art Walk tonight! Hopefully it's won't be raining too bad. There is an artist Peg Bachenheimer whom I took a class with showing work tonight. I want to go show some support!
*Looking forward to dinner with a friend next week.

That's it. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I loved his cross stitch so much, congrats on winning it!