Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thrifty Thursday: The Captain and His Sea Monsters


Hey folks!  I'm going to try something new here on the blog called Thrifty Thursday, where I can share some of the neato things I pick up at thrift stores. I don't know about you, but I love a good thrift find! Especially stitchy goodies!  So today I wanted to share a pretty fab cross stitch I found recently.


Check out this amazing piece!  It's quite large as well.  I know it took a long time to stitch this design. The frame is a bit dingy, but the stitching is perfect. 



The poem says, "The captain hangs great bells to keep whales and monsters from his ship".

I love the details of the rope and what I'm assuming is the captain hard at work. 


I don't know what it is about this piece but I just had to have it.  It's so different, definitely not anything I would stitch for myself, but I love the details and sea creatures.  It's just a wonderful piece.  If you have any information about this design, please share. I'd love to find out more about it. 

Have you scored anything at the thrifts lately?  Do share!


2 comments:

Becky said...

Whoa! I too collect stitcheries from Thrift stores.

Yours is magnificent!

Unknown said...

I just purchased one of these and have information for you!