So my pal Connie, said she was going to do some sort of cross stitch challenge and I was very intrigued, so after investigating further and joining the facebook group, I decided to join in! Call me crazy! In this challenge, you choose 15 different cross stitch designs and starting on January 1st, you start a new design each day through the 15th. You then work on those 15 pieces throughout the year, hopefully finishing most of them. You can include some WIPs, which I did, but most for me are new starts. I am actually very excited about this challenge. I like the idea of having a bunch of things started so that you’ve got many options to pull from throughout the year. I actually decided on 18 projects because a couple of my WIPs are so close to being done. So here’s my list!
WIPs: There are the works in progress I’m including
1. “Christmas on Gingerbread Lane” by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery (gotta get this one done!)
2. “12 Days of Christmas” by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery (this one is closed to being done!)
3. “Early Witches” by The Primitive Hare (this is barely started)
4. “Whacky Witches” by CloudsFactory
5. “Quilty Stitches” by Little Miss Shabby
These will be my brand new starts. It was hard to decide what to do!
6. “Sleepy Hollow” by Glendon Place
7. “Crypt Club” by Prairie Moon (sad to see them no longer making patterns--will snap a photo later)
8. “Once Upon a Time” by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
9. “Autumn Sampler” by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
10. “Woodland Sampler” by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
11. “Adventure Time” by Wee Little Stitches
12. “The Goonies” by Wee Little Stitches
13. “The Doctors” by Wee Little Stitches
14. “Gnome for the Holidays” from the December 2014 issue of Just Cross Stitch (the cover design)
15. “Autumn Delights” from the November 2013 issue of Cross Stitch and Needlework (will snap a photo later)
16. “Something Wicked” by Samsarah
17. “Scared Silly” by Birds of a Feather
18. “Liberty Sampler” by Lizzie Kate
Phew. I’m a little overwhelmed looking at this list but I think this will be a lot of fun. I’ve got a good selection of easier and quicker designs and more detailed designs. So we’ll see how it goes.
I’ve actually got a few more plans for next year as well. I’ve signed up for “Wednesdays We Stitch Black” which is yearly stitch-a-long by The Primitive Hare. I really want to keep up with this and stitch the monthly patterns. I also plan to stitch small pieces at work, most likely ornaments. I worked on Gingerbread Lane pretty much all year during lunch and got so bored with it because having only 30 minutes at lunch to work at a time was not enough to see good progress. So I’ve decided to work on small pieces during lunch and hopefully get a good amount of things completed. I’ve got a few more monthly groups I’m in on facebook and I’m just going to try to my best to stitch those as they come. I’m not going to beat myself up too much over those. I hope to throw in a little embroidery and maybe a couple swaps too!
Do you make crafty plans for the year?