Saturday, August 15, 2015

Christmas On Gingerbread Lane: Finished!

Hi friends!  As mentioned in my last quick post, I've had some big changes lately.  We are settling into our new home and absolutely love it!   So I need to catch up on a few things, namely my most recent finish!  I'm so thrilled to have finally finished "Christmas on Gingerbread Lane" by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.


I've been working on this for a loooooooong time.  I started it when it first came out--like two years ago!  Then at the beginning of last year, I decided to take it to work and work on it on my lunch breaks.  I only get thirty minutes for lunch so the progress was very slow.  I worked on it all year on my lunch breaks.  By the end of the year I was sick of looking at it and couldn't believe it still wasn't done.  AH!  So I brought it back home and told myself I'm never working on a larger piece at work anymore, so this year I've been doing smalls and it's been great.  So anyway, I added this piece to my Cross Stitch Crazy list for this year but it wasn't until June that I picked it up again using it for my Whine and WIPs piece for the Stitch Maynia group on Facebook.  I whined and moaned and finished it!




It's a lovely pattern and I do still like it, even though it frustrated me while I was stitching it.  I'm still not terribly thrilled with the fabric I chose to stitch it on, but certainly will not be re-doing it!  :)
It's cute and bright and I will display it during the holidays.  I think I may just pop it into a frame if I can find something suitable.







Do you have projects that just drive you bananas sometimes?  How do you get through it?  I found that taking a break from it for a while really helped me with this particular project. 

So another finish off my challenge list!  I'm still SO thrilled with my finishes this year! I will come back with a WIP update and a couple of more finished smalls.


'Til then,  Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Justine said...

That's so pretty Crystal, what gorgeous colours! If something is driving me mad I just keep going at it and usually I start to enjoy once the end is in sight!