Thursday, June 12, 2008

"A Chance"



This painting is the first painting I completed after a long hiatus from my work. I had been traveling around the country, living here and there, and had neglected my art. So when I got goin again, I started small. This piece is only 6x6. When I was painting it though I felt, and this is going to sound cheesy--but I felt happy. Oh how I had forgotten the freedom of it all and the thrill of creating something totally orginal. And it really is "me." This piece also had bit of fabric and some embroidery. It also has a embroidered statement that goes around the outside of the painting saying, "All she wanted was a chance to be present then" sewn on lovely eyelet fabric (which I love) and the fencing is embroidered also. I suppose there's not too much else to say about it. It was shown during the Chapel Hill Public Art show from March to may of 2008.

No comments: