Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Embroidery

Now for those of you who don't know what a craft swap is (I'm actually pretty new to it myself) it's loads of fun. There is usually a theme, a specified crafting time, specified sizes of items to make (like one small, and two medium items etc), and a partner to craft for who also crafts for you. The packages are mailed off and you get wonderful handmade items. So for the Jim Henson Swap, which was my very first craft swap, I made this pillow featuring everyone's favorite frog, Kermit.
The image was from a pin image I found online. Then I backed it with this lovely Kermit fabric that I was surprised to find--Kermit being kinda old and not Spongebob, Dora, Hannah Montana or other characters of the day. I was so pleased with how the stitching came out on this. I added one of his catch phrases, "Hi Ho" and added a little button for detail.


It was really hard for me to send this out to my partner! I really wanted to keep it for myself. I do have leftovers of the Kermit fabric so I guess it gives me a good excuse to make one for myself. I just think his pose and gesture really capture the spirit of Kermit. He's such a treasure. So in the spirit of Jim Henson--dare to be creative and never stop dreaming.

No comments: