Friday, December 12, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I thought I'd share some photos of my tree! I usually put up a 6ft white tree that I absolutely love but, this year due to space, I bought this smaller 4ft pink tree. I'm actually pretty pleased with it and like how it looks all lit up. I also have alot of my grandmother's balls that give it some shimmer. So here's to smaller spaces, vintage ornaments, and my new Hallmark ornaments which I spend way too much money on every year.

Some of my new Hallmarks--I collect the Disney, Dr. Seuss and Star Wars ones.



I love this one that belonged to my grandmother.

This one was hers too!


Also, check out these great Christmas items I found at the thrift!
Two little ceramic elves. So darling!

This chubby Santa which is actually a painted gourd!

This handmade Christmas mouse that needs just a little TLC but I had to buy her! She was $1.50! She was made out of a large soda bottle and what seems like a styrofoam carved head. So sweet! I had a good week at the thrift!


I cant wait to have a larger space someday to decorate like I vision it all in my head. I hope everyone is getting in the holiday spirit. I know it always help me get in the mood when I put my tree up.

On another note: I'm crafting like mad for the holidays. I'm doing the 12 Days of Christmas swap and of course things for family and friends. I don't think I've gotten a good night's sleep in two weeks. I just hope I can finish everything in time!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

i love your decorations! seeing all the different colored trees makes me wish i still had my aluminum tree & color wheel that was straight outta the 60's still :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! Oh I wish I had a color wheel!!!!