Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!


Well it's that time of year again---Groundhog Day! I, for one, am ready for spring. I'm tired of cold ears and toes though I know that as soon as summer is here I'll be wishing for winter. I can never be satisfied.


But what this also reminds me of one of my favorite movies---Groundhog Day with Bill Murray and Andie McDowell. Pure genius. I watch this movie all the time and I just love that it's set during Groundhog Day. Colby and I are always quoting it, too. We love it.



One of my many favorite scenes.

I have also vowed that before I die, I will visit Punxsutawney, PA for the big groundhog festivities. Head up to Gobbler's Knob and see the groundhog. It can't get any more fun than that. Granted we have Sir Walter Wally here in NC but there's something about Punxsatawney.


And it seems that Punxsutawney Phil has indeed seen his shadow, so it's 6 more weeks of winter for us!

No comments: