Sunday, July 12, 2009

New cross stitch

Well I finally finished this cross stitch piece that I started several months ago. I had wanted to finish it for Colby's birthday back in May which obviously didn't happen. I just got busy with painting and moving and all that stuff. It one of Colby's favorite movie quotes. It's from "They Live" which is an awesome John Carpenter movie from 1988. The basic jist of the movie is that there are aliens living among us but you can see them with these special glasses. The main character played by Roddy Piper discovers all of this and wants to bring the whole thing down. It's a great movie and Colby and I love to watch it. So here's the piece featuring possibly the best movie quote...............ever.

I'm pretty pleased with it even though it's full of mistakes. I figure Colby won't notice them anyway. I also added the "special glasses," the shotgun he uses to kick ass, an empty gumball machine, and the aliens as they look through the special glasses. Here's a little closer shot of those.

I gave it to him yesterday and he really liked so I guess that's what really counts. So I just have to frame it up.

No comments: