Friday, November 11, 2011

Thrifty bits and birthday gifts

My birthday was over a month ago and I'm finally getting around to sharing a few gifts I received!  So here goes along with some of my latest thrifty finds.

 
My mom gave me this lovely blanket.  It has wool fabric squares that are crocheted together.  It's huge and I love it!
 So does Maggie.

 Mom also got me this vintage sewing basket.  It's super cute and will be great for traveling with embroidery projects.

 I've added to my milk glass collection.  I bought a couple of these and my mom gave me one.  My mom-in-law gave me the little shoe for my birthday!  How adorable!

I got Maggie another blanket.  She seems to like crocheted blankets as much as I do!


 This beautiful embroidered piece with a sweet senorita being serenaded.  

 This is stitched so well.
 

Have you scored some thrifty goodies lately?

Side note: As I was bringing in some of my plants, I found this little guy living under one of my pots.  Tiny and cute!


2 comments:

Becky said...

Look at Maggie! She's so lovely. Hope she is going OK. Love all of your scores and gifts!

Becky said...

Love little Maggie's face! What a sweetheart. Hope she is doing OK. Fantastic thrift finds and birthday giftsi