Monday, May 28, 2012

Getting things ready

Boy did I have a busy weekend!  I worked a lot getting things ready for the baby.  May family came over and put the crib together for us!  Seeing it put together really hammered it home that this baby is really coming----and soon!  Just 4 more weeks to go now (give or take).  So, I thought I'd share what we've got going on in the 'nursery'.  I use nursery loosely because he won't have a room to himself, but has to share with the computer, a lot of my art/craft stuff and a few other odds and ends.  We've only got 2 bedrooms so we're making do with what we've got!  Luckily, I don't think little man will mind.  : )

The beautiful crib.  I love it's simplicity and warm color.  I finally got to hang up the woodland embroideries I made a while back!

I love how all the stitches came together.  You may remember me posting about these here and here!  And can you see the little hedgehog in the crib!  Eek!
There's my beautiful rocker my mom gave me.  Also, you'll see the shelf that has all my art/craft stuff on it behind it.  Hey you've got to work with what you've got right!
Of course Maggie jumped right in as soon as I got it all set up.  The little stinker.  I've got to find a way to keep her out of it.  That may present a challenge--for now I've got the crib filled with a  car seat and a high chair. 
I decided to make my own version of a crib duster.  I didn't like any of the ones online or in stores.  I've had these crocheted squares for a while now.  I bought them for $1 at the thrift store and have been holding on to them until I figured out what I wanted to do with them.  So I decided to make a little banner of sorts and hang around the bottom.  I think it's super cute and adds a little vintage touch.  (you'll also see in this photo--all the stuff I have in the crib to keep kitty out)
And just for the heck of it--here I am at 36 weeks.  I can't believe it's almost here!! 
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Today I've been taking it easy and stitching away.  It's been so nice!!
'Til next time!

3 comments:

olisa said...

I love the woodland embroideries on the wall, especially! Very nice!!

Becky said...

The room is warm and inviting for Sparky! What a great idea for those crocheted squares. Soon, soon, soon!!

Bits of Stitching! said...

You are all set! What a beautiful nursery!