Monday, October 8, 2012

Damn I'm Good

First of all. I would like to start this post with a big THANK YOU to Christopher Columbus for giving me the day off!  ; )  I'm going to spend the day getting extra snuggles from my bebe and maybe stitching a little bit, too. Today I'm sharing the latest finished piece in the tea towel swap. This time I stitched for the amazing Bascom.  Please visit him here, you will be amazed by his art and stitching.  I knew right away what I wanted to do for him...the pattern featuring a devil playing a banjo of course!


Bascom always says... "Damn I'm Good" which I love because we really should value our own creativity, so I added the words.  I free-handed the lettering so it's a bit wonky but it adds a little character right?


The pattern is part of the Jim Woodring artist series set from Sublime Stitching.  Man that's a mean-looking banjo player, I bet he picks a good tune.


I think I've only got a few more towels to stitch on.  I will hate to see this end.  

I've also been thinking about the holidays.  Christmas will be here before I know it and I need to make sure I get a head start this year since my time is a bit more limited now.  Well I'm off to enjoy my day off!  

'Til next time!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is cute, it reminds me of the Jersey Devil!