Sunday, April 17, 2011

Uni-girl and Sea-pony

I have finished this embroidery of one of the Tara McPherson Sublime designs! I'm calling it Uni-girl and Sea-pony (though I guess it's really a Uni-Sea pony). 


I stitched it on a linen I found at the thrift store.  I have been wanting to stitch these patterns for a while now because I am a huge fan of Tara's work.


She has such a whimsy to her style that also has a touch of sensuality and oddness that I really love.


If you are not familiar with Tara's paintings, please go check them out on her site.
Here's a couple that I really like.
"The Love Space Gives Is as Deep as the Oceans" 2010

Does this look familier?
"Lost Constellations" 2008

I also recently attended the opening for Gay For Eagles, a fiber art show in Siler City, NC.  It was an absolutely amazing show filled with great stitching and I will post about it soon.

Also in other news, I have made new friends in the stitching world!  Who knew these fabulous ladies lived just down the road---how I love the internet. We got together to stitch and chat and it was lots of fun, so go check out their blogs here and here.  They really inspired me and I can't wait to get together again!

4 comments:

Drucilla said...

i am so glad to have met you!! thank you so much for coming to the show. can't wait to hang out and stitch.

and i love your uni-girl and sea-pony :D

Unknown said...

Thanks Drucilla! The show was great!! Looking forward to stitching with you too!

Giggly said...

It turned out so pretty! I love all the pink. Your stitches are perfect!

Becky said...

It is so pretty Crystal!! Way to go!