Saturday, March 26, 2011

Crafty finds

Here's a couple more handmade things I found thrifting. They are quite interesting pieces actually. First up--this little stuffed doll with yarn hair. I'm pretty sure I paid fifty cents for it. It was another score from the Hospice Flea Market store.


I just couldn't resist the stripes and little button eyes. Or the fat belly and skinny legs.


How could I turn down that face???

I also found the stellar crocheted mobile at my trusty PTA thrift in Carrboro. I love this store--I always find something in there. I haven't been in a while so it was nice to find a few things.

This thing is huge too--at least three feet long.


It's got these wonderful birds, flowers and vines hanging from it. I just HAD to have it.


Red bird


Blue bird


Little flower. Now to find somewhere to hang it (out of Maggie's reach).


Lastly, these aren't handmade, or course, but I found them at the PTA thrift--a sweet milk glass cup to go with my collection and a sweet egg plate.

'Til next time!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love that PTA thrift. Don't tell anyone, but I found a bunch of vintage embroidery and crewel kits there for 50c each! What great finds these are...how could someone give up that mobile?!

Becky said...

I used to shop that PTA all the time. What great finds!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the birds!

Lisa said...

Hi Crystal,
Hey those are some good thrifty scores you got there! That mobile is adorable! Love the milk glass piece too, I have several pieces myself, so pretty. Hey thanks for following along over at my blog too and welcome to the EFU Group over on facebook! I love those girls (and guys!), they're the best!!
Have a great evening!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!! Becky I do find some great stuff at that PTA store.