Saturday, March 26, 2011

Swirly tree full of birds (and a ladybug and a butterfly and a rabbit)

Wow I've actually finished another (large to me) cross stitch. I'm not sure why I'm on such a cross stitch kick lately but I'm just rolling with it. I think it's the patterns really. This is another fabulous design by Jacqui Pearce published in the February Cross Stitcher magazine. I loved the whimsy of it.


Technically, it's not finished according to the design--it actually says to fill in the entire background with stitches and I'm just not up to that right now. Way too many stitches. I may revisit it later but for now, it's good.


I love the little owl and the pretty peacock. This design is super colorful---which I love.


The texture of the nest is pretty great, too. The ladybug kills me with cuteness.



Swirly-whirly roots and a wee rabbit. I definitely want to get this one into a frame and hang it in the apartment.

2 comments:

Becky said...

It's adorable as is! I'd go cross-eyed attempting a pattern like that!

Unknown said...

Yeah I think so too--thanks!