Friday, July 29, 2011

I would have chosen Duckie....

 Most Pretty in Pink fans are a bit bewildered that Andie chooses Blaine over Duckie--I mean really??  I certainly would have chosen Duckie---he had better hair and clothes and could dance WAY better.  


So would Becky--my lovely stitchy friend and swap partner for a movie themed swap!  When she listed Pretty in Pink as one of her favorites I just knew I had to do something for it.  You may remember my love of John Hughes.  I pondered for a bit of what to do...and it hit me...his rockin' shoes!!  So that's what I did--Duckie's shoes with one of my favorite lines (a bit condensed). I call it "Team Duckie".


I stitched it up on light pink fabric and stitched the words in a brighter pink........cause well it's pretty in pink right?




I realize the lettering is a bit crooked, but I sorta figured it made it look a bit more like actual handwriting...at least that's what I'm going with.  I stretched it over an 8X10 canvas I had and glued some polka dot paper underneath for a bit of 80's appeal.  I am so happy with this piece actually and really had a hard time letting it go--but I know it's new owner will take good care of it. Please go check out Becky's blog!!  She's an awesome stitcher, thrifter and cat lover.  Go buy something from her, too!  I can't WAIT to see what I get from her!!  EEK!    
Here's the scene from the movie with this line in it and a good shot of the real shoes (kinda crap video but it's the first only one I found) Catch ya later guys and gals!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this so much! It rocks my socks!

Giggly said...

I love Duckie! I always had a little crush on him. :) Becky is so lucky! You did such a great job!!

Becky said...

Crystal: I literally SCREAMED when I opened the package! I absolutely love it...in fact it's hanging on the wall right in front of me. Duckie did indeed rule. I had a major crush on Andrew McCarthy at the time but I just knew that Duckie would be a more realistic option - and yes, better hair!!
Everyone: you have to see Crystal's stitches up close. She is so talented!

Unknown said...

Thanks Becky!! I'm so glad you like it!!!!!