Monday, May 9, 2011

Ode to John Hughes

I have seen some of John Hughes's movies at least 50 times.  They are so wonderful; filled with love, sadness and hilarity.  But for me, they speak to the truths of being a teenager.  As a teen you will love someone that doesn't love you back, struggle with finding independence from your parents, rebel against stereotypes, make mistakes and be so miserable sometimes that even you can't stand yourself.  Hughes had such a wonderful way of capturing these truths in my favorites of his movies--Pretty In Pink, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Some Kind of Wonderful and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I thought I'd look around for fellow Hughes lovers and see what some folks have created.

"Some Kind of Wonderful Yarn Art" by BrandyLynnandPaul

This amazing cross stitch pattern of the Pretty In Pink cast by weelittlestitches
You can also get the Breakfast Club pattern

"Neomaxizoomdweebie" by bombastitch
"Breakfast Club Vampires" by paghababian

"Ferris Bueller You're my Hero" embroidery by alwaysinspired
"Try A Little Tenderness (Duckie)" by Jessica Deahl 
Duckie is one of my favorite characters.

"The Donger" print by KRUSTYstuff
Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club watercolor by alliefraley
Another favorite character and Colby and I share and common fondness of John. We quote him often.  Luckily someone has put together the best of John Bender for us all to enjoy.


No comments: