Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Early Witches finished!

Hello everyone!  This past week, NC was hit with an arctic blast coating us with a nice layer of snow and ice. It's been brutally cold and work was cancelled and delayed along with my son's daycare.  So that meant more stitching time for me!  I was able to finish up Early Witches by The Primitive Hare.  I'm thrilled to bits with this finish.  I love it!!


This is stitched on 28 count Cashel linen in Legacy from Picture This Plus.  It's one of the pieces I bought in their sale last year and I think it's perfect for this pattern and goes so well with the colors in this piece.  If you follow me on Instagram at all, you may recall this piece being stitched on a golden yellow fabric. After stitching up the entire top section, the words and part of the first witch, I realized that I was going to run out of room.  I had my fabric oriented the wrong way.  I was so devastated and began to unpick all that work.  Then I just couldn't even do that.  So I decided to start over completely using another piece of fabric and I am actually glad I did because this fabric fits the design so much better.  So I guess it all worked out in the end.





I also enjoyed reading up on the witches as well. I've put some links below if you'd like to know a little bit more about these Early Witches in particular.


                         *Bell Witch


                            *Tituba


*Pickety It was hard to find a lot of information on Pickety, but she is referenced in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving.  She's mentioned in a song "The Pickety Witch, The Pickety Witch, who's got a kiss for the Pickety Witch?'


                           *Laveau


This is finish number two for the Cross Stitch Crazy Challenge!  I feel like I'm making some great progress with my challenge pieces.  I've also been stitching on my lunch breaks and have two small finishes to share when I get a chance to try to get some good photos. (still using my phone---blah).  I've also lost my mind and joined some SALs in a couple of Facebook groups.  I don't know what I was thinking but they sound so fun and I'm actually working a couple of challenge pieces into the SALs so it will be fun.  I really enjoy SALs in general. So until next time! 

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Justine said...

Lovely stitching Crystal, and well done on finishing two of your Crazy January Challenge projects!