Sunday, May 31, 2015

Crazy Cross Stitch Challenge 2015: 'Scared Silly' finish

I have another finish for the Cross Stitch Crazy Challenge!  I seriously am so happy with the amount of stitching I've been able to do this year!  This challenge has really helped in that regard.  This is my fifth finish for the challenge, so just ten more to go.  oof.  But progress is progress right!  This is "Scared Silly" by Birds of a Feather.  It's a super fun design and I just had to stitch it. 


I used floss that I had on hand including Charcoal by Weeks Dye Works for the black areas.  It has a subtle variation that looks nice in the design.  The rest were DMC including a few variegated ones.  The orange in particular turned out very nice! I'm not totally happy with the yellow I chose, it's a bit too light, but I'm not going to redo it...at least not now. 



The fabric is 28 count cashel linen in the color Ale by Picture This Plus.  I love this fabric!  It's so nice to stitch on and this color really makes the colors pop.  I would buy yards of this color if I could afford it.  




This cat's face is just crazy.  I love it so much.  I'm not exactly sure how I want to finish this one off.  I think it would be a nice pillow to bring out for Halloween so maybe I will do that.  But for now, I'll just store it with the other finishes until I figure out for sure.  

'Til next time...happy stitching!

1 comment:

Justine said...

Congrats on your finish - this is such a fun design! I agree with you, I love the effect of the Charcoal floss.