Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Update: Small finishes

In my quest to work on small items between my larger pieces, I've managed to finish quite a few smalls this year so far by stitching on my lunch break and joining some stitch-a-longs in facebook groups. So here's a few more that I've finished!

"Halloween 2013" by Glory Bee

This pattern is in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2013 issue.  I stitched it on some chocolate brown aida from my stash. This was a quick little stitch and I plan to make it into an ornament for my Halloween tree this year!


"Spring" by Trail Creek Farm

This was a freebie design that I actually picked up at a thrift store.  Fun and quick!

"Isn't is Fun to Be a Witch?" by Giulia Punti Antichi

This pattern is in the Just Cross Stitch 2014 Halloween issue.  I just loved this design and had to stitch it!  Again, I used some aida I had in my stash.  


The pattern used some spider buttons but I'm all about using what I have on hand so I dug out some black buttons and transformed them into spiders.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I also stitched up the companion piece...

"Isn't it Fun To be a Little Witch"

This design was in the Just Cross Stitch Sept/Oct 2014 issue, I stitched her on the same fabric as the larger witch so they would match,  The patterns called for a pumpkin button for her to sit on,  I dug through my buttons and came across this mushroom and thought it would be cute.  


Here they are together (my apologies for the wrinkles, I haven't ironed anything yet).  Just darling. They look so cute together.


That's it for today.  'Til next time!

2 comments:

Justine said...

Some really cute finishes there Crystal. I like how you've personalised them to use what's in your stash.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I recognise all of the Hallowe'en designs because I was reading through my magazine s today! I love the spider button and the mushroom. I always use what I have because often you can't buy the same things here.