Saturday, May 30, 2015

Mother's Day finish...a little late

I'm a bit behind on blogging again.  I seem to go through periods of active posting and then periods on inactivity.  I would say that's just how life is sometimes. So I have a few posts planned to show some recent finishes.  Up first is this small finish that I made for Mother's Day for my mom.  It was a quick stitch and I'm really please with how it turned out. 


The pattern is by The Primitive Hare and is a freebie you can find here.  I stitched it on some scrap fabric I had on hand, a dusty pink evenweave. I stitched it with a few different shades of pinks for the design.  I know the colors may not be very prim, but it is for Mother's Day and I wanted it to look a certain way.  


I decided to finish it as a little ornament that my mom could hang off of a knob or door handle or something like that.  I added a little floral fabric, some lacy trim and a few buttons to finish it off.  I sewed everything together by hand because it was such a small piece that I didn't want to drag out my sewing machine.  


This was a really nice little project. I like to work on small items in between my larger pieces so I have a feeling that I'm finishing things!  


'Til next time!