Monday, October 6, 2008

Travels

I have been away for while but I have been busy! Not only have I been crafting but I've been traveling a little too. Colby and I have been to the Outer Banks and the mountains in the span of two weeks. We love the Outer Banks. It's so isolated and peaceful and quiet. We caught the tail-end of a noreaster but had awesome weather the rest of our stay. It was a much needed break from work and just life in general I guess. We lounged around the hotel room, watched TV, sat on the beach, took a wild horse tour, and just forgot about everything for a while. We definately didn't want to come back!


Day one: Colby in the storm remnants. The water had reached the dunes and the waves were gnarly!


I love this shot of the sunset through a spider web. We walked along a trail that followed the sound and watched the sunset. We saw rabbits and deer along the trail after seeing a fox by our hotel. The area is full of wildlife.


Some of the wild horses we saw but check out the baby!

I mean how cute!

One last parting shot-these birds flying in front of the setting sun as I was flying down the beach in a 4-wheel drive. Can't wait to go back.

No comments: