Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Frankster

Are you getting ready for Halloween??  I know I am!  Got my apartment decorated and just need to carve out a couple of jack-o-lanterns.  The weather had turned cool and the leaves are beginning to change colors.  This is my favorite time of year.  I've been working so hard on this cross stitch so I could have it out for Halloween this year and can't wait to share now that's it's all finished.  Check him out...The Frankster.


You may remember the pattern from this post.  (I paid a whole quarter for the pattern)  He was pretty easy to stitch, not too many colors and all whole stitches with a just a little back stitch for the spider legs and facial details. 


The pattern is from Amy Breucken Designs and her website is here.  She has tons of cute stuff on there, if that's your kind of style.  I'm liking these two pumpkin designs.


The spiders are too cute and I love the crooked smile of this jack-o-lantern.



He fit perfectly into a 8X10 frame.  I stitched on 22 count ivory-ish aida, just in case you were wondering.

So what have you been crafting for Halloween?  I have tons more cross stitch patterns I would love to stitch (scored them all from the thrift) but probably won't get to them this year.  I am working on a small piece to add to my Halloween wreath.  Hopefully I'll finish it soon and I'll be able to hang my wreath. I really want to embroider this sweet design.

Alrighty folks...until next time---enjoy the crisp air!


P.S. I recently enjoyed a wonderful Avett Brothers concert this past Saturday night.  Here's a little something from them.  They played this song and it's one of my favorites.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I love this. LOVE it! And that little pumpkin Frankster's holding is too cute. (So are the ones you linked to!) Ahhh, gotta love Halloween stitching! :-)

Becky said...

Frankie is so cute! How do you score all these patterns? Lucky gal you are!

Unknown said...

I got a ton of patterns at the Hospice Flea Market in Haw River. They have crates full of craft patterns and magazines and books.