Sunday, January 18, 2015

12 Days of Christmas: finished


Hey friends I have a finish to share!!  My first finish of the year!! I had a marathon night of stitching determined to finish this piece. I only had a small bit of the border left.  So here is "12 Days of Christmas".


This is a Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery design.  I am thrilled to bits with this piece.  I enjoyed it so much and all the little birds and characters are too cute.  I stitched this on 14 count aida that I had on hand when I first started it.  Its a marbled green and I'm pretty sure it was DMC that I bought on clearance.  I think it looks great with the colors in the design.


The border is so fun.  It wasn't too tricky either and actually stitched up pretty easily.


I did end up backstitching some of the parts that were not showing up well and I'm glad I did because it makes the images pop.  I also reversed the colors for the outer and inner border.  The green I used on the outer border was intended for the inner lines but I thought the green would look good against the green fabric. 



I don't know which block is my favorite...maybe Ten Lords a'Leaping, but I like Three French Hens too. 


I'm so happy to have finally finished this piece.  I'm not sure what I will do with it.  I think it will great as a pillow so maybe I will do that.  I've got all year to decide to have it ready for next Christmas!

It feel nice to have a finish and hopefully it will be a trend for the year!! 

'Til next time...
Happy stitching!

3 comments:

Justine said...

Woohoo that's a big finish to kick off 2015! Congratulations. Your floss changes are perfect with that fabric. I would have it framed, it's too cute to sit on!

Stephanie said...

Looks great! I love The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's patterns! I am currently working on The Mysterious Halloween Town. I just found your blog yesterday and really enjoy your posts. Your choices for the CCSC have introduced me to some new pattern designers, like cloudsfactory, so thanks! Keep stitching!

Angela P said...

Congrats on an adorable finish :)