Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cross Stitch Crazy Challenge 2015: Day Eleven and Twelve

For day eleven I decided to start on "Gnome and Critter Christmas" that's in the December issue of Just Cross Stitch.  The moment I saw those gnomes on the cover I had to buy the magazine.  I'm a sucker for gnomes!  The pattern is a bit challenging and I admit I was hesitant to do it, but I really love those gnomes so I'm going to give it a go. My hope is that will hang in my son's room for the holidays.  Fingers crossed!



I started on the little tree in the center and I already had to rip out stitches!!  I had gotten a half stitch off somewhere so rip rip rip!  And that's why I don't usually do more complex patterns because I struggle with patience in stitching them  But I'm going to challenge myself with this piece and keep it going.  I'm sure I will be working on this one the entire year.  If I get it finished by Christmas, I will feel very accomplished.  I'm stitching it on 28 count white linen--these yucky photos look cream but it's a nice bright white.   


Day eleven I started on "The Goonies".  This is my third Wee Little Stitches pattern I selected for the challenge.  I can't tell you how much I love their patterns.  They are so fun to stitch and work up fairly quickly.  I'm planning on giving this one to my hubby.  The Goonies is one movie we both love and constantly quote and talk about.  I think he will like it.  I was able to finish Mouth and moved on Chunk.  Check out that bright red jacket!  I love it.



Day thirteen will bring about my last brand new start.  The other things I chose for the challenge are WIPs which I WILL finish this year!

'Til then!




1 comment:

Janelice Bastiani said...

Olá,
Adorei seu blog e as postagens, agora sou seguidora do blog.
Venha visitar meu blog www. crochelinhasagulhas.com.br
Você será muito bem vinda.
Janelice Bastiani