Thursday, January 22, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Swap...finally!

OK here goes--I'm finally going to post the crafts I sent and received for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap. To explain the swap a bit, we had to make 12 items for day 12, 11 items for day 11 and so on. So here's the stuff!

Day 12:
*I sent her a recipe book filled with 12 low-fat dessert recipes and I also sent her some cookies. I didn't get a picture of the book I sent her because I forgot.
*She sent me 12 ornaments for my tree! They were all so perfect,




Day 11: I sent her 11 handmade Christmas cards and 11 smaller note cards which I also forgot to photograph before sending out.
She sent me cookies!

Dat 10: I sent her stuff for her birthday! My partner loves Beauty and the Beast so I themed this day around that movie. I made her:
A birthday hat with flowers and Belle on it!

A small Chip made of polymer clay. My very first try with polymer clay and I love it!

A necklace with gold rose beads (that I found in NYC!) and a beaded heart. There was also a matching bracelet which I can't find my photo of.

A keychain with shrink plastic rose charms. My first try with shrink plastic too! It's so fun!

A small Belle cross stitched ornament.

A small cross stitch of the rose under the glass from the movie.

An embroidered and stuffed Beast doll. I backed it with this fun white fur that I had. I love how it turned out.
I also made a birthday card and something else that I can't seem to remember what it is. Sad I know.
She made me: Tons of great jewelry!! Two fabric cuffs with Nemo and Wall-e fabric, two resin pendant necklaces with Nightmare Before Christmas and Kings of Leon, pearl beaded necklace and bracelet, another beaded necklace with red and pearl beads, a necklace with some polumer clay beads, and a necklace and bracelet set with jingle bells. All so great.

Some of my faves:

Wall-e fabric cuff!

A Nightmare Before Christmas resin and beaded necklace.

Day 9: I sent her a bunch of supplies in 9 themes like fat quarters, glues, ribbons etc.
She sent me: Disney themed day! A scarf in Mickey Mouse colors, Thank You cards inspired by the Queen of Hearts, A HUGE Nemo totebag that is awesome!, A Monsters Inc t-shirt, A Wall-e needlebook, some Mickey Christmas cards, and a Quasimodo beanie that ROCKS! I love Quasimodo and it's so hard to find things with him on it! and maybe a couple other things--can't remember now. But it was all awesome!


Day 8: I made her cross sitched ornaments! Mario, Donald Duck, gingerbread man and letters to represent herm her husband and her dad.

She made the most wonderful items for my kitchen in such great colors and so well made! She's a pro! She even included some button details that I love!
Set of 2 placemats, set of 2 napkins, setof 2 napkin holders, set of 4 coasters, 2 potholders, some resin magnets, a recipe box and the most awesome apron EVER!


Day 7: I made her: Jewelry! A green beaded necklace with matching earrings, A Walt Disney Charm bracelet, an Eddie Izzard necklace and 4 Disney Christmas pins

She made me things based on things I love like shows, bands etc. A How I Met Your Mother tshirt, A Lost tshirt, a Juno notebook, some Harry Potter magnets, A Sublime Stitching embroidery pattern, A Jack beanie and some Ween iron-on transfers!!!!!


Day 6: I made her Christmas embroidered napkins and towels , a soldering kit and glittered candle holders. I will do a seperate post for the embroidery.
She made me stuff for my house! 2 pillow that perfectly match my bedding, and Nightmare Before Christmas themed items for my bathroom that I couldn't get a good photo of, but there was a shower curtain and ringsm soap dish and a painting.


Day 5: I made her 4 place settings and a table runner based on Adventureland. The place settings included a placemat, napkin and a napkin ring. Here's a pic of the table runner.

She gave me some knitting looms, knitting needles, lovely purple yarn to get me started, crochet hook roll with a few hooks and a notebook with some step-by-step directions with pictures! I have everything I need!!


Day 4: I made her tshirts for her and her husband with a bonus jar of whimsies.
I love how the shirts came out!
Ralph from the Simpsons

Jack

Darth Vader for her husband

I'm With Swarley as a reference for our shared love of How I Met Your Mother!

She made me 4 Disney themed photo albums based on theme parks!


Day 3: I made her things for her kitchen based on Adventureland. 2 tiki paintings and a small shabowbox.
One of the paintings

The shadowbox

She made me Dolphins themed items for my boyfriend.

Including a most beautiful lap quilt! Astounding!


Day 2: I made her a purse and an ambroidered fabric banner. I will do a more detailed post of the embroidery on this banner because I love it so.

She made me a cute fabric scarf and a crocheted beanie!


Day 1: I made her a pop art inspired painting of Mickey Mouse.

She made me a lap quilt of my own!


Alright! That's it. If you hung with me this far thanks! I know it's a lot of stuff but I wanted to show off the work that I did and the great stuff that I received. So a couple more posts about it to show more of the embroidery and my Christmas crafts are done!

No comments: