Friday, January 30, 2009

Birthday cake and roller derby

My sister's birthday was last weekend and I came up with a bunch of ideas to celebrate. There was actually alot going on--Rent was playing, some cool bands were playing in town and the Carolina Rollergirls were at home. My sis chose roller derby. I was so excited because I have been wanting to check them out but just hadn't made it to a game. We had a great time and I think my sis had a pretty good birthday!

She's blowing her candles out. I made that heart shaped cake. I bought the pans from the dollar section at Target and it turned out great.

I made a necklace and a Pucca cross stitch for her that she really liked! She loves Pucca and this pattern is too cute.





For the necklace I made a little collage on a wood tile, added the "B" and then a few beads. I like how it came out.


We really did have fun at Roller Derby. Our girls rock and really kicked butt!

That score should tell you something. Beat down!


So overall a good night! I'm looking forward to more roller derby. We've planned to go to more games and have some quality girl's nights. Good, cheap fun-----------------with just a few thrown elbows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog while looking for this cross stitch pattern. I started this project like 4 years ago, but lost the pdf file, and now I just can't find it anywhere. I was hoping you could send me the pattern. I'm expecting a baby, and I'd love to decorate her room with some of the crafts I've done. Thanks