Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween Countdown: Gypsy Fortune Teller

Today I'm sharing the last piece I made for the 13 Days of Halloween swap.  I was very proud that I made 12 out of the 13 things I sent to my partner.  So last but not least, I embroidered this pillow of a lovely fortune teller.


You can find the pattern here, part of the Gypsy Magic pattern set from Colonial Patterns. It's a gorgeous pattern and was fun to stitch.  


I used a pretty variegated floss for her hair.  It has dark blues and purples.  



I used a multi-colored metallic for her bracelets.  It really sparkles!

I loved the little sun, moon and stars on the crystal ball pedestal.  A nice touch.


I'm so pleased with how she turned out.  The pattern has such wonderful details and it was fun to pick out different threads including variegated and metallics. She can tell my fortune any time!

No comments: