Sunday, October 5, 2014

Halloween Countdown: Miniatures

My partner in the mini 13 Days Swap loves miniatures.  She has a doll house and a fairy garden.  I wanted to add some Halloween decor to her miniatures so here's what I made for her.


A simple banner for her fairy garden.  I punched star shapes out of Halloween themed scrapbook paper and glued it to some string and added some skewers so she could put it in the garden. 


A little rocking chair with a Halloween pillow.  I found the rocking chair at Joann's in the clearance bin.  It was already black and I thought it was perfect! I cross stitched a small jack-o-lantern pattern and turned it into a small pillow for the chair. 



A Halloween tree.  I also found this bottlebrush tree at Joann's.  I painted it using copper and orange acrylic paint.  I then strung some buttons on a silver sparkly pipe cleaner and added it so it looked like a garland on the tree. 


Then a small wreath with a witch shoe!


These were really simple but fun projects.  I see how easy it is to fall in love with creating miniature scenes.  You can really get lost creating little scenes. 

Stay tuned for more Halloween fun!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Y'all are having way too much fun with this stuff! If I ever got started on minis I know our house would ever get cleaned again!

Unknown said...

I had so much fun making stuff for Pam. I can definitely see how one could fall off the deep end when crafting miniatures! :)