Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween Countdown: Spooky Glam Wreath

Today I’m sharing a Halloween wreath I made for my partner in the Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap. I love making wreaths! It’s a great way to use bits and bobs from your craft stash. This one is a little bit spooky and a little bit glamorous.



I wrapped some lacy ribbon around a straw wreath form to cover it completely. Then I wrapped some black eyelash yarn around it which added some great texture. I then started layering on things to see what worked. I began with some fake spider webbing and stretched it across the top of the wreath. 


 I didn't want to overdo it, just wanted it to be a little bit spooky. I then made a little banner from some burlap ribbon I had and stitched the word “BOO” using some chunky yarn I had on hand.



 Then I added a some small metal flowers I had in my stash to anchor the webbing and banner. I added a large paper flower and a “P” for my partners last name which I coated in some lovely aqua flaked glitter.





I’m so pleased with the result.  I hope it helps to spook up my partner’s place for many years to come!

No comments: