Friday, October 10, 2014

Halloween Countdown: Spooky Banner

Today’s Halloween craft is a banner I made for the Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap.  My partner requested a banner which I was happy to oblige and I LOVE how this one turned out!





I tried something a little different with this one since it was getting shipped across the country and I didn’t want to take a chance with it getting damaged.  So I started each piece with a rectangle base that I cut out of a cereal box.  This gave it good weight and sturdiness.  I wrapped each piece with scrapbook paper and folded it over the edges to hide the cereal box which also gave it a crisp, clean edge.
 

  

 



I then spelled out ‘spooky’ by printing the word out on scrapbook paper and cutting it out using decorative edge scissors.  Then I just layered the letters over some other papers that I cut and punched out, raising it just a bit with foam for some depth. I still had some space at the bottom of each piece, so I got out my stickers, doodads and thingamabobs and created different little images along the bottom. The strung them together with some black and white cording. 











   






I absolutely love this banner.  It was fun to put together and think about each rectangle as both a separate piece and a part of the whole banner.  The papers and colors look great…if I must say so myself.  




No comments: