Friday, October 3, 2014

Halloween Countdown: Jewelry

Today I’m sharing more things I made in the Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap.  My partner is a big Universal Monsters fan so I wanted to make some jewelry based on these characters. It’s been a while since I’ve made any jewelry so it was fun to get back into it for this swap.

First up is a fun, little charm bracelet featuring all the characters from the old movies…Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein etc.



I've made jewelry like this before using the small wooden pieces that I found in the kids section at Michael's. I decoupage the images to the wood pieces. It’s a little different but I like it. Kinda fun, and if you can't wear silly fun jewelry at Halloween then when can you!




I also made a necklace featuring Bride of Frankenstein.  



I used a larger wooden piece and decoupaged the image onto it. I also used some decorative scrapbook paper.  I added some beads and that’s it! I like this necklace very much.  I would totally wear it, but alas, it had to shipped away. 




Do you wear jewelry for Halloween?

Tune in next time for more Halloween fun!

No comments: